“Ambitious and Agile [PDF] (1.8 MB)“[PDF] (1.8 MB)
A mid-sized university with 250 professorships and some 20,000 students, the University of Bremen hosts a broad range of subjects and outstanding internationally renowned research.
The Institutional Strategy “Ambitious and Agile [PDF] (1.8 MB)”[PDF] (1.8 MB)“ is a strategy for the development of the whole of the University. The nine measures it contains have been designed to enable the University to pursue its guiding principles and to strengthen the whole of the University.
The underlying idea is:
- to reinforce networking and strategic coordination between the high-profile areas and non-university research partners (strengthening the high-profile areas),
- to support new research ideas and creative groups in all subjects with suitable offers of funding (support for new ideas),
- to provide innovative young researchers with attractive career opportunities (promoting talent).
The University’s Institutional Strategy has been successful in acquiring the funding needed to continue its work of profile building even more energetically, enabling it to become even more firmly established in the arena of top-notch international research and to strengthen the innovative capacity of the whole University.
Click here to find the University’s Institutional Strategy "Ambitious and Agile [PDF] (1.8 MB)" [PDF] (1.8 MB).
Research strength also entails:
- interdisciplinary approaches
- close international cooperation
- exploiting academic potential
- awakening students‘ enthusiasm for research.