You can enroll at Bremen University as a visiting student for a stay of 1 or 2 semesters. During your studies here you will not be permitted to take part in the University’s interim or final examinations, but you can obtain other study credits and accordant ETCS points.
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
- A filled in application form [PDF] (29 KB)
- Proof of enrolment at your home university. The enrolment period must not be less than the period you intend to study at Bremen University.
- Confirmation from your home university, recommending the usefulness of a study stay abroad for your course of studies there (Letter of Recommendation).
- Evidence of adequate language skills in German (at least intermediate or B2 according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages). If knowledge of German is not required you have to supply accordant confirmation from the respective faculty at Bremen University.
- Confirmation from the respective faculty at Bremen University that you will be accepted as a visiting student.
- Evidence of health insurance (due to the specifics of the German health insurance system, this should be obtained and verified in Bremen).
Please send in your application together with the documents listed above by March 31 (for the Summer Semester) or by September 30 (Winter Semester). Your application documents should be sent by post directly to SfS International (the registration office). Don’t overlook the possibility that the German diplomatic representations in other countries may need a certain length of processing time to issue a visa. We therefore suggest you prepare your application with time to spare.