1. Cancel rental agreement (keep in mind that it may need to be cancelled three months in advance)
2. Cancel all other contracts (e.g. mobile service plan, membership in any clubs or societies)
3. Get ECTS course certificates signed
4. ERASMUS: Contact departmental coordinator about Transcript of Records
5. ERASMUS: Get "Certificate of Stay"/"Duration Sheet" signed at the International Office
6. De-register at the registry office (BSU)
7. Cancel bank account
8. Return Mensa card
9. Return all borrowed media and the library card
10. Return keys to landlord
If the home university requires a certificate for the courses taken at the University of Bremen international exchange students should prepare an ECTS course certificate for each course.
The ECTS course certificates can be found here.
Fill out one form for each course taken and get it signed and sealed by the lecturer/professor of each course at the end of the semester. Without the signature and stamp/seal from the faculty, the forms are not valid.
Erasmus students should then hand the ECTS course certificates to their Departmental Erasmus coordinator [PDF] (120 KB) who will prepare your Transcript of Records (see below).
Before their departure, Erasmus exchange students should get their Transcript of Records.
The document can be generated on Mobility Online after uploading the Learning Agreement and the ECTS course certificates, or it will be prepared by the Erasmus Coordinators.
Further information about the Transcript of Records and how to create it will be sent via email to all ERASMUS exchange students a few weeks before the end of the lecture period.
International exchange students from other programmes should contact their home university or their faculty / cooperation coordinator if they need a Transcript of Records (forms are available here).
If students want to expand their stay at the University of Bremen, they need to:
Before leaving Bremen exchange students have to de-register at a municipal office in Bremen. There is a municipal office on campus (Bremen Service University BSU).
Required documents for the deregistration:
- signed "Abmeldeformular" [PDF] (171 KB)
- Copy of passport or ID
If students do not need a stamped proof of their deregistration, it is not necessary to appear at the office in person. It is sufficient to leave the documents in the post box or send someone else to do it.