Under the heading “Bringing the world to Bremen” the University of Bremen successfully acquired in the framework of the Marie Curie COFUND program a co-financing for 18 international Fellowships.
This COFUND-project exclusively addresses foreign researchers coming to Bremen (incoming mobility).
It aims to attract promising young researchers after finishing their doctorate from all over the world for a period of two years to Bremen.
Within the frame of the project there will be calls for applications in the years 2013, 2014 and 2015 with six Fellowships each. BREMEN TRAC offers ideal conditions for an international and scientifically independent research career.
BREMEN TRAC is a highly competitive, merit-based postdoctoral program that aims to attract international researchers in order for them to conduct their own excellent research project at the University of Bremen. The target group are outstanding newly minted PhDs (at most up to two years after having received their doctorate) who have a project that ties in with research conducted in Bremen.
Aside from the high relevance of the research conducted at Bremen, in which potential fellows could participate, the program
- strengthens transnational mobility by exclusively targeting non-national researchers;
- aims at the development and successful execution of an independent research project;
- promotes interdisciplinary skills of researchers through a highly interdisciplinary research environment;
- provides intersectional experiences through close cooperation between the university, non-university research institutes and a vibrant business community located in the Technology Park surrounding the university;
- fosters individuals’ research skills through close supervision and mentoring;
- facilitates the acquisition of tranferable skills through seminars and personal development through individual coaching;
- ensures the possibility of continued cooperation after the fellowship through the provision of return funds.
BREMEN TRAC Program will allow excellent researchers to become independent, being highly skilled and practically trained in interdisciplinarity. Having chosen their research topic and host environment freely, they will be prepared the best way possible to continue their career in the European Research Area.
Project: Bremen TRAC, Cofund (2013-2017)
Sponsors: University of Bremen and European Commission, FP7
Funding: Incoming postdoctoral fellowships lasting 24 months each
Calls for applications: Yearly calls in February 2013, 2014 and 2015
You can find further information here.