The unit “Research Services” supports scientists at the University in applying for research projects at the European Commission and other international funding agencies.
- Advice on EU research programs, in particular the EU Framework Programme for Research and Innovation “Horizon 2020”
- Information events on EU funding opportunities, especially for the EU Research Framework Programme Horizon 2020
- Information on specific calls
- Search for suitable funding formats for research ideas
- Mediation of contacts with the European Commission, the EU Liaison Office of the German Research Organisations in Bonn and Brussels (KoWi), the EU office of the BMBF, the national contact points as well as the Representation of the State of Bremen in Brussels
- Support during the application phase:
-Clarification of formal requirements
-Support in drafting the proposal as well as in registration
- Advice on contract negotiations
- Legal examination of contracts related to EU projects
- Hints for project implementation and management
- Supervision of the ERC projects of the University of Bremen
First calls for Horizon 2020 published
On the 11 December 2013 the European Commission published the first calls for Horizon 2020 – the EU Framework Programme for Research and Innovation – on the Participant Portal. In the area “Funding Opportunities” the calls’ texts as well as the current work programmes for Horizon 2020 can be accessed. These work programmes are scheduled for two years. Thus, not only topics and calls for 2014 are known, but even for 2015 topics can be estimated relatively well, which allows for better strategic planning.