In the second term, you can participate in the following modules which broaden and deepen the aspects of the modules taught in the first term:
- recombinant protein [PDF] (169 KB)
- intracellular targeting of proteins [PDF] (147 KB)
- electron transport [PDF] (147 KB)
- NMR: physical basics and biomedical applications [PDF] (116 KB)
- microbial biofilms [PDF] (22 KB)
- functional genomics of marine eukaryotes [PDF] (147 KB)
- Molecular mechanisms governing developmental decisions in flowering plants [PDF] (116 KB)
- Cell physiology of marine organisms; cellular energy budget and metabolic fingerprinting [PDF] (119 KB)
- bacterial genomics and biodiversity* [PDF] (147 KB)
- functional genomics of bacteria: RNA and microarray analysis* [PDF] (147 KB)
- development of microbial strains* [PDF] (104 KB)
* Theses modules can be chosen for regular BMB curriculum and have to be chosen for the specialization "MicroSys".
At the end, you should be able to strategically and experimentally tackle scientific problems in the field, and critically evaluate experiments.
You have to participate in three modules and for each module you get 6 credit points, i.e. you totally get 18 credit points for this module.