Are you thinking about pursuing a leadership role? Did you know that your leadership style and the quality of team communication have a huge impact on motivation and performance? That team dynamics can either become an obstacle or lead to a success story. Performance and results depend on the quality of teamwork, on established communication and cooperation structures and on effective task management. And last but not least on your leadership qualities and ability to integrate and get every team member aboard.
In this workshop you will reflect on your own role and strengths and learn how to implement effective tools right from the beginning in order to save you from common pitfalls. The workshop provides you with relevant leadership models, tasks and instruments to be considered. You will get to know basic aspects of team dynamics, useful meeting structures. Task management activities will be complimented by useful tools for leading yourself. Furthermore, we will discuss elements of motivating leadership and how to build trust and encourage teams towards the realization of goals.
These new-found leadership skills will help you motivate and inspire a team, leverage teamwork i.e., initiate and maintain a positive team spirit and successful collaboration.
- Leadership tasks and instruments
- Leadership models (transformational vs. transactional, situational and agile leadership)
- High performance teams
- Gains and losses coming with a leadership position
- Planning and prioritizing own and the team’s tasks (Kanban method)
- Leading yourself (self-awareness, enhance confidence, strength orientation, work-life balance)
- Communicating in a leading role
- Dealing with emotions (own and others’) and leading by example
- Unify diverse teams, integrate different personalities and interests (Riemann types)
- Building trust through listening and empathy
- No-Gos and blunders starting a leadership position
Trainer input, exercises, Mentimeter polls, role-play activities, breakout sessions, video clip examples, feedback, etc. Each participant is encouraged to explore her style and thus expand their individual set of leadership, teamwork and communication skills