In almost all areas of life, traditional gender roles are dissolving. However, it is mostly men having leading positions – in industry as well as in academia. Only 25% of chief executives are women, often using male leadership styles. Women still have a hard time to break the glass ceiling. Moreover, after starting a family, many of them unintentionally fall back into the classical role patterns. So the question is: How can women have it all? How to attain a successful and sustainable career and a fulfilling life?
In the workshop we will get to the bottom of these questions. We will analyse key success factors of successful women and scrutinize ourselves: Which of these factors do I already possess and what resources, competence or useful patterns of thought and behaviour may be needed or missing? And how can I implement them into my everyday (working) life? What roles do I occupy currently and where do I see myself in the future? What are my values, and what goals and priorities do I set?
Besides career planning the workshop focuses on strategies and exercises helping the participants to be effectively seen and heard: How do I appear and perform; compelling and confident? How do I make my mark and gain supporters? How do I pursue my way regardless of resistance and criticism?
The workshop tackles the subject with a mix of theory, training and a large number of selfreflection exercises.
This course is aimed at women who strive for a scientific career and want to follow their own way without adhering to traditional patterns.
1) Self-reflection and target setting
- My values, resources and beliefs
- My roles: clarifying and setting boundaries
- Personality and behaviour styles
- Career planning: my goals and priorities
- My behaviour and appearance: Male or female? Soft or assertive? How to build my authentic self.
2) Being seen and heard: How to expand my range of power.
- Appearing and being confident and effective: using voice and body language to increase my presence
- Dealing with (gender) bias
- Developing conducive thought and behaviour patterns
- Leaving my comfort zone and establishing successful habits
- Networking, trust building & co: strategies to increase my effectiveness