This seminar will guide you on how to find your job in Germany. On the first day you will have the opportunity to write your application for the German job market. On the second day you will receive all the tips you need for the job interview. Furthermore you will practice the correct answers to typical interview questions. Finally you will be informed about the legal formalities on the German job market and you will take a tour of German business etiquette and corporate culture.
Tag 1: First topic - my application for the German job market
- My job expectation
- How to find an appropriate company?
- Analysis of the job ad
- How to present your competencies in the proper light?
- CV and cover letter for the German job market
- The online job application form
- My application (individual exercise)
In the first topic, you learn to write a successful application for the German job market. You have the chance to go over your own CV and cover letter individually.
Tag 2: Second topic – Being successful in the job interview
- Whom German companies are looking for?
- What is expected in a job interview?
- My questions to the enterprise
- The etiquette manual for the interview
- Frequently asked questions – tips
- Frequently asked questions – training
In the second topic, you learn to manage the job interview successfully. In a final exercise you have the chance to practice usual interview questions.
Tag 3: Third topic – Business etiquette and corporate culture in Germany
- From the job interview to the employment contract (content negotiation, legal formalities)
- Corporate culture in Germany (teamwork, agile methods of working, leadership)
- Business etiquette and communication
- The first 100 days in your job – tips for the qualifying period
We discuss the corporate culture in German companies (working in teams, leadership and agile methods of working). You learn all about the German business etiquette and you get tips for the qualifying period.
Registrations for August run from 21 May to Thursday, 22 July 2021 via https://elearning.uni-bremen.de/ (Search for events / Search in the course catalogue / Interdisciplinary courses / Career Center under: Application & Self Presentation).
As soon as the registration procedure is closed, you will receive an e-mail from us with the access data!