1 x 1,0 Research Assistant (f/m/d)
The Department of Mathematics and Computer Science FB3, research group Operating Systems and Distributed Systems (Prof. Dr. Jan Peleska), invites outstanding candidates to apply for the position of a
Research Assistant (f/m/d)
The position is for a fixed term of 3 years with German Salary Standard 13 TV-L (100%) and will be filled subject to regulatory approval.
The employment is regulated by the Academic Fixed-Term Contract Act, §2 (1) (Wissenschaftszeitvertragsgesetz – WissZeitVG). Therefore, candidates may only be considered for appointment if they still have the respective qualification periods available in accordance with § 2 (1) WissZeitVG.
The area of responsibility for the successful candidate is defined by the research project Complete Property-oriented Testing with Symbolic Methods CPOT-SM which is financed by the Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft DFG (German Research Council). In this context the opportunity to work on a Doctoral Thesis will be given.
The project’s core research areas are
- Model-based product line testing with symbolic constraint processing
- Complete partition testing strategies for infinite-state systems
- Property-oriented testing for mixed model/formula specifications
- Property-oriented tests for autonomous systems
- Completion of a university degree (Master or equivalent) in computer science or mathematics with an outstanding grade.
- Very good command of the English language (German is not required).
- Very good mathematical skills.
- Very good programming skills (C/C++).
- High interest in testing cyber-physical systems, autonomous systems, and model checking
- Strong commitment to academic work that is theoretically well-founded and practically relevant for safety-critical cyber-physical systems.
- Strong motivation, team spirit, and capability for independent work,
- Intention to write a Doctoral Thesis.
As the University of Bremen intends to increase the proportion of female employees in science, women are particularly encouraged to apply. In case of equal qualification, disabled persons will be given priority. International applications as well as applications of academics with a migration background are explicitly welcome.
The applicants are expected to enclose their CV, copies of transcripts and diplomas. The application deadline is September 30th, 2019. Please send your application indicating the position number A200/19 to:
Prof. Dr. Jan Peleska
Department of Mathematics and Computer Science
University of Bremen
or via email to peleskaprotect me ?!uni-bremenprotect me ?!.de
Erstellt am 27.06.19 von Alexandra Gutherz