1 x 1,0 Researcher
At the University of Bremen the Collaborative Research Center 1342 “Global Dynamics of Social Policy” invites applications for the following academic position – under the condition of job release -
Salary Scale TV-L 13, 100%, starting March 1, 2019
The position is a fixed term position until December 31, 2021
Reference number: A331/18
The position is part of the Collaborative Research Center “Global Dynamics of Social Policy” (Globale Entwicklungsdynamiken von Sozialpolitik) funded by the German Research Foundation and will be located within the project
A06. Formation and diffusion of family policy in global perspective
The CRC comprises 16 projects and is divided into two sections. Projects in section A mainly rely on macro quantitative techniques to analyze and explain social policy dynamics in a global perspective. In the projects of section B, the mechanisms that link international interdependencies and national determinants to the spread, inclusiveness, and generosity of social policy dynamics are analyzed by applying qualitative case study analyses.
In project A06, led by Prof. Sonja Drobnič, PhD, and Prof. Dr. Johannes Huinink, the focus is on family policies with which the states have regulated aspects of family life in many countries around the world. We will identify typical profiles of family policies that emerged under various political, economic, social, and demographic constellations. Specifically, the diffusion and proliferation of family policies will be analyzed from a two-fold perspective: first, we will explore the role of horizontal interrelationships and cross-national interdependencies, and second, investigate the importance of International Organizations (IO) and non-governmental organizations (NGO) in these processes.
- Coordinate and contribute to the inventory-taking of the dynamics of family policies around the world, including the activities of IOs and NGOs
- Coordinate and contribute to compiling the profiles of family policy dynamics
- Conduct independent research in the area of family policy
- Doctoral degree in Sociology, Social Policy, Demography, Political Science or neighboring disciplines
- Strong background in empirical social research
- Experience with STATA, SPSS or similar statistical packages
- Very good command of English, proficiency in other languages is an advantage
- Expertise in data collection and in-depth knowledge of international organizations is an advantage
- Expertise in methods of documentary analysis is an advantage
The University of Bremen has received a number of awards for its diversity policies and offers a family-friendly working environment as well as an international atmosphere.
The University is committed to a policy of providing equal employment opportunities for both men and women alike, and therefore encourages particularly women to apply for the position offered. Persons with disabilities will be considered preferentially in case of equal qualifications and aptitudes.
The University of Bremen explicitly invites persons with migration background to apply.
Applications including a cover letter, CV, and copies of degree certificates should be submitted until January 13th, 2019 electronically (including up to two PDF files; reference number) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
SOCIUM Research Center on Inequality and Social Policy
Prof. Dr. Sonja Drobnič
Postfach 33 04 40
The costs of application and interview cannot be reimbursed.
Erstellt am 13.12.18 von Rebekka Rosner