1 x 1,0 Scientific Project Manager (f/m/d)
PANGAEA (Data Publisher for Earth and Environmental Sciences www.pangaea.de ) is jointly operated by the Centre for Marine Environmental Sciences (MARUM) at the University of Bremen and the Alfred Wegener Institute Helmholtz Centre for Polar and Marine Research (AWI). PANGAEA enables the long-term archiving, publication and dissemination of scientific data and provides scientific data management for projects and institutes.
To strengthen our team at the MARUM site in Bremen, MARUM calls for applications for the following full-time position
Scientific Project Manager (f/m/d)
(Salary Scale 13 TV-L, 100%)
The position is limited until 31.10.2022 and linked to the "AMMOD" project financed by the BMBF. The project is aimed at developing a "weather station for species diversity" equipped with automated sample collectors and sensors for species identification. The position supports the development of AMMOD data management with PANGAEA in cooperation with the data archives of the GFBio (German Federation for Biological Data) network, which are intended for the long-term storage and publication of AMMOD data.
Your Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Coordination and management of the AMMOD module: "Archiving, Data Management, and Cross-Platform Analysis”.
- Conception and organisation of the data flow from raw data of the AMMOD sensor stations via the AMMOD Cloud to the analysis and processing services.
- Conception, organisation and implementation of the data archiving process in the GFBio network and the data repository PANGAEA.
- Integration of AMMOD data management in national and international initiatives such as NFDI, EOSC, LTER, GEO BON and GEOSS.
- Conception and of a web-based, user-centered AMMOD data portal.
- Contribution to the development of a sustainability concept for the AMMOD processing, archiving and publication infrastructure.
- Degree in natural or engineering sciences with programming skills.
- Experience in project management of national and international scientific projects related to data management.
- Experience in presenting project results at national and international conferences, workshops and meetings.
- Knowledge of international standards and technologies for the exchange of scientific data such as metadata standards, ontologies and persistent identifiers.
- Knowledge in the organisation and implementation of scientific data management in the context of networks for long-term ecosystem monitoring is desirable.
The university aims to increase the proportion of women in science and therefore strongly encourages women to apply. Priority will be given to severely disabled applicants with essentially equal professional and personal aptitude. Applications from people with a migration background are welcome.
Applications should be submitted electronically as a single PDF file (maximum size 2 MB), quoting the reference number A50/20
The review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Applications and enquiries should be addressed to:
Dr. Michael Diepenbroek, Universität Bremen, MARUM, Postfach 330440, 28334 Bremen
or by mail to: mdiepenbroekprotect me ?!pangaeaprotect me ?!.de
Erstellt am 19.02.20 von Alexandra Gutherz