The MARUM - Center for Marine Environmental Sciences at the University of Bremen,
is offering (under the condition of job release) at the earliest possible date:
One post-doctoral Researcher for 3 years
Salary group 13 TV-L / full-time position
MARUM provides an ideal environment for postdoctoral researchers to become excellent in
their field of expertise and to develop their personal skills to further their career.
The Research Faculty offers rich opportunities for transdisciplinary exchange and
collaboration across different disciplines in marine sciences. Postdoctoral researchers
can make use of coaching and mentoring offers as well as a dedicated course and
The Cluster of Excellence “The Ocean Floor – Earth’s Uncharted Interface” is part of
the Research Faculty MARUM. Within the Cross-Cutting Enabler “Molecular and Isotopic
Tracers” the work for the position lies in the general areas of cheminformatics and
Specific duties will include:
- Design of data processing routines for interpretation of mass spectrometric raw data
acquired by lipidomics approaches
- Implementation of informational techniques/data modeling that facilitate the
interpretation and curation of raw chemical data and enable their exploratory analysis
through data mining and data visualization techniques in cooperation with the
PANGAEA data information system
- Use of advanced statistics to study relations of environmental and molecular-chemical
datasuch as concentrations, molecular ratios, compound-specific isotope ratios,
molecular formulas, etc.
- Independent publication of research results in peer-reviewed scientific journals
and activ participation in international conferences
- A completed PhD degree in (bio)informatics or environmental sciences
- Experience in cheminformatics and multivariate and time-series statistics using Matlab and R
- Experience in web service development/component use (python, java) in an open source environment
- Experience in database design and SQL programming and data visualization techniques/data mining
- Interest to work with environmental, mass spectrometric and lipidomics data
- Applicants should be fluent in English, verbally and with excellent writing skills, and enjoy
working in an international and interdisciplinary research environment
MARUM has developed into an internationally recognized center for marine research with
a focus on the geosciences, anchored at the University of Bremen.
The University of Bremen follows a diversity strategy.
It strives to increase the number of women in academia and strongly encourages
applications from suitably qualified female candidates.
International applications and applications of researchers with a migration background
are explicitly welcome. Disabled persons with the same professional and personal qualifications
will be given preference.
We look forward to receiving your application with the usual documents
until the 28-02-2019; send your application under the reference
number A41/19 to:
Prof. Dr. Kai-Uwe Hinrichs
Postfach 33 04 40
or by Email to: khinrichsprotect me ?!marumprotect me ?!.de