InMotion aims to continue the reform of the system of higher education in Engineering in Malaysia and Russian Federation, to improve quality of education and teaching according to the priorities established in the Bucharest and Yerevan Communiqués and to meet the demands of Strategic Framework for European Cooperation in Education and Training (ET 2020).
The project will have the following impact in Engineering Education:
- Student-centred learning will make the educational process more flexible and effectively by the choice of the desired studying areas.
- Consortium universities in Malaysia and Russian Federation will be enabled to prepare graduates that have relevant competences in the field of Computer Modelling and Simulation (CSME).
- The Open Modelling and Simulation Environment (OSME) will create a new paradigm of learning environment in respect to integration, harmonization and aggregation of various types of quality-controlled E-Learning components derived from internationally operated learning and research facilities.
- The stakeholders will have access to MOOCs supporting the Life Long Learning training of their professionals
- Perspectively, other facultaties of partner universities and universities outside the consortium may adopt the learning environment (OMSE) for their needs.
The principal outcomes and outputs are:
- Updated Curricula with new Syllabi
- New textbooks and guidelines
- New E-Learning materials based on innovative teaching strategies and creative learning approaches, such as Research Based Learning or Virtual Learning Labs using modern simulation packages (e.g. Matlab, Simulink, RDM, Modelica, ISMA, Wolfram SystemModeler)
- MOOC in OMSE.
Dr. Yildiray Ogurol (Coordinator), Dr. Igor Novopashenny, Nicole Bonger
- Center for Multimedia in Higher Education (ZMML), University of Bremen - Coordinator (Bremen, Germany)
- St. Petersburg State Marine Technical University (St. Petersburg, Russia)
- St. Petersburg State Polytechnical University (St. Petersburg, Russia)
- Novosibirsk State Technical University (Novosibirsk, Russia)
- Universiti Kuala Lumpur (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia)
- Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia)
- National Distance Education University (Madrid, Spain)
- University of Liubljana (Lubljana, Slovenia)
- St. Petersburg Institute for Informatics and Automation of the Russian Academy of Sciencies (St. Petersburg, Russia)
- Universiti Teknologi PETRONAS (Bandar Seri Iskander, Malaysia)
Erasmus+ (Capacity Building in Higher Education, Call 2015)
2016 - 2019