BYRD offerings for postdocs
To support postdocs as well as advanced academics on their way to a professorship or a career in business or civilian society, BYRD organizes a workshop program with a focus on the topics
- career orientation
- personal development
We will be happy to advise you in a personal meeting on questions of orientation after completing your doctorate and on career paths within and outside the university. Feel free to arrange an appointment with Ms Girßmann in our office (phone: 0421-218-60329, E-Mail imke.girssmannprotect me ?!vw.uni-bremenprotect me ?!.de).
We invite you to take part in our regular Postdoc Forum to share experiences and ideas with peers beyond your working group and to get in touch with guests from industry or science. You will find the next dates under Events.
- BYRD workshops offer coaching on career paths outside the University as well as training with regard to university appointment procedures.
- As an employee of the University of Bremen, you can participate in personnel development offers for career development.
- The website Academic Career provides more information on tenure track professorships and for the mid-level positions of Senior Researcher / Lecturer.
- The program "plan m" - mentoring in science offers female doctoral candidates and postdoctoral researchers professional mentoring in career planning on their way to a professorship or a leading position in science.
- The career coaching program "navigare" supports female PhD students and postdocs of certain institutes, graduate colleges and special research areas in matters surrounding career management.
- Research in Germany: Infoservice, jobs and funding opportunities
- Information on how to acquire third-party funding as well as the persons to contact for advice on submitting applications (e.g. DFG and EU programs)
- Calls and information from the Central Research Funding of the University of Bremen
- Current calls and funding information in the Research Newsletter of the University of Bremen
- Research Committees at the University of Bremen
- The rules of good scientific practice of the University of Bremen (in German)
- Diversity strategy of the University of Bremen as well as projects and offers
- Information and advice on gender equality and anti-discrimination
- Collegial advice for female postdoctoral researchers
- "Go diverse" - gender- and diversity-competent personnel selection in academia
- Family-friendly University
- Studying with Disability
- Internal Social Counseling Service