The University of Bremen is a medium sized research university renowned for the support of young researchers in the early stages of their career. The Faculty of Business Studies and Economics is currently inviting applications for up to ten PhD positions and two Postdoc positions starting January 1, 2023 to co-operate with established professors at the Faculty in the Diginomics Research Group. We are looking for
PhD Fellow/PhD candidates – Salary TV-L E 13 (0.5)
Research Fellows/Postdocs – Salary 13 TV-L E 13 (1.0)
The positions are initially for a fixed term of 3 years with the possibility of an extension and will be filled subject to regulatory approval. We will review applications on a rolling basis until the positions are filled.
The employment is regulated by the Academic Fixed-Term Contract Act, §2 (1) (Wissenschaftszeitvertragsgesetz – WissZeitVG). Therefore, candidates may only be considered for appointment if they still have the respective qualification periods available in accordance with § 2 (1) WissZeitVG.
The Diginomics Research Group is a collaborative endeavour by tenured professors of the Faculty of Business Studies and Economics, led by Professor Lars Hornuf. It investigates economic and policy-oriented research questions with a focus on the following research topics.
- Artificial Intelligence
- Blockchain Technology
- Consumer-Technology Interface (e.g., chatbots, voice assistants, privacy management)
- Digital Finance (e.g., robo-advice, crowdfunding, crypto currencies)
- Human Machine Interaction and Workforce-Analytics
- Online Labor Markets
- Platform Economics
The development and proposal of own research ideas will be strongly encouraged by the group. For further information including a list of and details on the current research projects please visit:
What we offer
- Acquisition of a solid knowledge in theoretical, empirical, and experimental methods as part of a research group
- Training as a data steward and/or data operator at the Data Science Center of the University of Bremen (https://www.dsc-ub.de)
- Conducting research in the field of digitalization and publishing results in high quality peer-reviewed journals with a focus on the above listed research topics
- The possibility to prepare and teach courses at the university (2 hours per week)
- Possibility to stay abroad as a visiting scholar at our world class partner universities
- An above average university degree at the master level (normally a total of 300 credit points including bachelor studies) in economics, business administration, information systems, psychology or a related subject
- Very good English (minimum C1 level) and/or German skills
- Skills in quantitative empirical methods and software packages (e.g., Python, Stata, Matlab, R, SPSS)
- Communication skills, team orientation, and scientific curiosity
- Submission of 1-page research proposal
- For the postdoc position: An above average PhD degree in business administration, economics, information systems, or a related field
As the University of Bremen intends to increase the proportion of female employees in academia, women are particularly encouraged to apply. In case of equal qualification, disabled persons will be given priority. International applications as well as applications of academics with a migration background are explicitly welcome.
Application and Important Dates
Please send your application (one pdf file) with all necessary information (CV, grades, certificates, 1-page research proposal etc.) indicating the area of interest for consideration in the first round no later than July 05, 2022 to:
University of Bremen, Faculty of Business Studies and Economics, P.O.B. 330 440, 28359 Bremen, Germany or by Email to: mucek(at)uni-bremen.de
In case you have any questions, please contact Professor Lars Hornuf via mail (hornuf(at)uni-bremen.de) or phone +49 (0)421-218 66820.