What support is offered by the university?
In the current pandemic, it is particularly challenging for teaching staff with care responsibilities to reconcile work and said responsibilities.
In order to support teaching staff in these times to reconcile work and family life, the University of Bremen has set up a fund for the winter semester 2020 to finance student assistants to help with digital teaching.
- The financial support is limited to a maximum of 45 hours for each teaching staff member/semester. One application can be filed per teaching staff member for the winter semester 2020/2021. The student assistant can be employed for the entire semester. It is not possible to use the funds beyond the winter semester 2020/2021.
- The applicant needs to be a fixed-term research assistant with a teaching obligation at the University of Bremen.
- The applicant needs to have family obligation in their own household, such as the care of one or more children or care of relatives.
- Provide a short description of your care responsibilities and how the student assistance will be used.
- The general requirements for a student assistant must be adhered to. The tasks of the student assistant must serve to promote their studies.
Who is eligible for support?
- fixed-term research assistants with care responsibilities and a teaching obligation at the University of Bremen
- care responsibility: care of one or more children or care of relatives in your own household