Studies or internships abroad
Get out - personal enrichment as a consequence of a stay abroad or studies abroad!
There are basically 3 different ways to study abroad: within Europe (e.g. as guest student on the EU program ERASMUS), outside Europe (e.g. as a guest studient on one of the worldwide exchange programs) or worlwide, outside an university cooperation.
The European exchange program ERAMUS+ (studies)
The ERASMUS program enables students and graduates of the University of Bremen to study in another European partner university.
Benefits for students participating in the ERASMUS+ study program
- no tuition fee has to be paid to the hosting university
- intensive counseling, both at the home university as well as at the host university
- language preparation
- recognition of credits awarded abroad
- mobility grant according to country category
The European exchange program ERASMUS+ (internships)
The ERASMUS program enables students and graduates of the University of Bremen to complete an internship, funded with an Erasmus grant.
Benefits for participating students
- financial support based on the cost of living in the host country (minimum 400 Euro)
- internships at least 2 months (60 days)
- maximum funding up to 12 months
- up to 12 months in each study cycle (Bachelor, Master, PhD)
- compulsory elective module as part of an Intercultural Certificate
- recognition of credits in study program "at home" possible (General Studies or Specialty Studies)
"Going out" with PROMOS
Students enrolled in Bachelor or Master study programs can apply for PROMOS.
The program supports student studies, practical and language stays abroad - outside the Erasmus zone. Under certain circumstances, doctoral students may also be eligible for support by partial scholarships.
The basis for the students' application is the nomination of PROMOS representatives in the departments.
Please notify: All scholarship grants for PROMOS will be made by the International Office in December and April.