At the Faculty of Business Studies and Economics at the University of Bremen there is, for the next possible date, a vacant position at the chair of Innovation and Structural Economics (Prof. Dr. Jutta Günther):
Research Assistant (PhD candidate) – salary 13 TV-L (50% part time)
to be filled for a limited period of 3 years - subject to regulatory approval.
The time limit is set according to § 2 para. 1 WissZeitVG (Wissenschaftszeitvertragsgesetz). Accordingly, only applicants who still have qualification periods to the corresponding extent according to § 2 para. 1 WissZeitVG can be considered.
You have studied economics, sociology, industrial engineering, political science, statistics or a related subject? You are interested in questions in the subject area "sustainable development"? You would like to answer current research questions in the field of environmental economics on the basis of empirical-quantitative analyses? Then we are looking forward to your application!
- Independent, empirical-quantitative analyses in the field of sustainability research
- Collaboration in research projects of the working group and independent publications
- Completion of a dissertation in one of the above-mentioned subject areas
- Collaboration in the content-related and organizational implementation of a third-party funded project, in particular performance of data analyses
- A university degree (usually a Master's degree with a total of at least 300 CP) completed with great success in one of the above-mentioned subjects
- Strong knowledge in the field of quantitative empirical methods in social and economic sciences
- Experience in the use of relevant (statistical) software (e.g. STATA, R)
- Interest in the topics of environmental and development economics
- Good knowledge of the English language, team orientation and scientific curiosity
- A contract as a research assistant for 3 years
- Freedom for independent research within the framework of a doctorate (usually cumulative)
- Use of an extensive data infrastructure
- Technical support in the team of the working group for data work and management
- Collaboration in an international, agile team of about 20 people
- Integration into the international research network of the working group
- Opportunity for advanced training in empirical methods, data science, etc.
- Participation in scientific meetings and international conferences
The University of Bremen intends to increase the proportion of women in the academic field and therefore expressly encourages women to apply. Severely disabled applicants will be given priority if their professional and personal qualifications are essentially the same. Applications from people with a migration background are welcomed.
Application and deadline
If you are interested, please send your application with the usual documents (cover letter, CV, certificates), stating your earliest possible starting date, including an electronic copy of your thesis (if already completed) by 10.02.2021, quoting reference number A326/20 to:
University of Bremen, Faculty of Business Studies and Economics, Prof. Dr. Jutta Günther, Chair of Economics, Innovation and Structural Economics, Max-von-Laue-Str. 1, 28359 Bremen or to the e-mail adress: office-guentherprotect me ?!uni-bremenprotect me ?!.de
In case of questions, please do not hesitate to contact Dr. Tobias Wendler, Email: tobias.wendlerprotect me ?!uni-bremenprotect me ?!.de
Further information about the working group can be found at: https://www.uni-bremen.de/guenther/