Choice of thesis subject:
We encourage you to find a topic for your thesis yourself. As support, however, you will find a list of possible topics that are of particular interest to us. The topic of your bachelor/master thesis should consist of a combination of topics - either consisting of a "research objects"-"sectors" combination, or a "research objects"-"geography" combination.
- Large MNEs
- Medium-sized MNEs
- Governance and Policies in relation to FDI and MNEs
- Emerging Markets (especially China)
- EU (especially Germany)
You might also choose one of the topics listed below for your thesis. These are topics that we at the IMG Chair currently find particularly interesting and relevant.
Emerging market multinationals
- Acquisitions by Emerging market MNEs in developed countries, post-merger integration and capability upgrading
- Internationalization of Emerging market MNEs and the impact of home country institutions
- What does "mutual benefit" and "win-win" stand for in the Chinese outward FDI context?
FDI and institutions
- Co-evolution between the internationalization of (Emerging market) MNEs and institutions
- Impact of volatility and change of (home/host country) institutions/policies on FDI (e.g. how does the change of the outward FDI approval process effect the internationalization of Chinese firms?)
- FDI and host country impact
- Intellectual property rights and MNEs
- State-owned enterprises’ internationalization
- Impact of (state-owned) MNEs on institutions/policies
Theory and methods
- Comparative perspectives on international business theory
- Exploring and comparing alternative measures of MNE activity