Information for Students
Vice President Academic Thomas Hoffmeister Talking About the Winter Semester 2020/21
What will the winter semester be like? And the orientation week? The University of Bremen is prepared for a hybrid semester - with more face-to-face or digital classes depending on the situation. That is what Thomas Hoffmeister, our Vice President Academic, explains in this video.
You can choose to see English subtitles in the YouTube options.
Message from the President concerning the winter semester 2020/2021
How is the corona pandemic affecting teaching and studying at the University of Bremen? Watch the President's video message. You can turn on English subtitles in the YouTube options.
Hybrid Teaching in the Winter Semester 2020/21: What does that mean?
For the winter semester 2020/21, the University of Bremen is organizing teaching so that it takes place in a hybrid form. All disciplines wish to offer more aspects of face-to-face classes – as far as is possible within the epidemiological development of COVID-19. The aim is to enable studies with face-to-face classes and digital formats for all students.
In order to ensure the adherence to the distancing and hygiene regulations during face-to-face classes on campus, during classes the students are to be put into groups, which will be present on campus as per a rotating system. The students who are not on site are to partake digitally or will receive asynchronous classes.
Risk groups will, of course, be taken into consideration in terms of the face-to-face classes. Digital formats are to be made available to said students and others who are unable to come to the campus.
There will also be spaces available on campus for group-work, which will need to be reserved.
The orientation week for the freshmen will take place between October 26 and October 30, 2020 and will be made up of a mixture of face-to-face and digital events – as long as the infection risk allows for this. All freshmen will receive the relevant information online but will also be able to acquire information and network during on-site events. They are to come onto campus under the adherence to the distancing and hygiene regulations. Here you will find the Hygiene Concept for the Hybrid Orientation Week and Preparatory Courses.
Please adhere to the safety and hygiene standards for the winter semester 2020/2021.
General Safety and Hygiene Standards on Campus
Examinations: Regulations and Contact Persons
Stays abroad and international students
Working and Financial Aid
- File name: 20201022_Rapid_Decision_Submission_of_Language_Certificates.pdfLast update: 22.10.2020
- File name: 20201019_Corona_General_Safety_and_Hygiene_Standards.pdfLast update: 20.10.2020
- File name: 20201014_Hygiene_Regulations_Ventilation.pdfLast update: 20.10.2020
- File name: 20200925_Info_Performa_Poster_Ventilation.pptxLast update: 20.10.2020
- File name: Rapid_Decision_Certified_Copies.pdfLast update: 29.09.2020
- File name: Rapid_decision_applications__admissions__enrollment__student_administration.pdfLast update: 31.03.2020
- File name: Closure_of_University_Buildings.pdfLast update: 25.03.2020
- File name: Hygiene_regulations_for_face-to-face_examinationsLast update: 11.08.2020
- File name: AEnderungen_der_Allgemeinen_Teile_Unterbrechung_Semesterzaeh....pdfLast update: 11.08.2020
- File name: Testcenter_Corona-Schutzmassnahmen.pdfLast update: 11.08.2020
- File name: Eilentscheid_05_2020_Examinations_in_the_summer_semester_2020.pdfLast update: 16.04.2020