Form of your work
- Scope: between 30 and 40 pages (excluding title page, bibliography and appendix)
- Size: between 50 and 70 pages (excluding title page, bibliography and appendix)
- Font: Arial and font size: 11 or Font: Times New Roman and font size: 12
- Line spacing: 1.5
- Format: Justification
- Tables & Figures: Headings /-signatures in font size 9, single line spacing
- Tables are provided with a heading, figures with a signature.
- The work contains a table and a list of figures
- Design of the manuscript according to the guidelines of the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Psychologie (DGPs) (German
Society for Psychology)
- Page numbers bottom right
- Header contains the respective chapter heading (e.g.: Introduction, Theoretical Background, Results, ...)
- Citations and statistical data according to APA standards
- The work can also be written in English by arrangement in special cases. As a rule it is written in
What do I submit?
- The number of copies to be submitted depends on the examination regulations applicable to you.
- The work contains cover page, table of contents, abstract in English and German version, the main part of the work,
Bibliography, Declaration of Independence and the Appendix
- Title page: Contains university, department & subject area; title of thesis, name of student, matriculation number,
Name of first and second supervisor, semester of submission, date (XX/ZZZZ)
- Appendix: Contains supplementary material, e.g. experimental material such as questionnaire items or supplementary
- References to the appendix: In the main part of the work, reference should be made to the Appendix in the appropriate
places. The first Annex A is Annex A, Annex B is Annex B, etc.
- Each copy of the work must be submitted as a data carrier, preferably a USB stick. This contains 3 file
- Work: The work in electronic form (Word and PDF)
- Data/statistics: data record, codebook, evaluations, traceable SPSS syntax or R script, or all
qualitative evaluations (especially transcripts)
- Supplementary materials (e.g. experimental material such as videos, items used)