At the end of the semester, students will have knowledge of what psychology is, how this discipline came into being as a science, what it deals with and which methods are used in psychology for research purposes. The aim is to acquire basic knowledge of various subject areas within psychology, such as differential, biological or social psychology. Students should be able to understand the relevance of psychology in economics.
The students acquire basic knowledge about strategic personnel management in Germany and about further topics. In particular, they will learn about hiring and retention as well as about commitment and development, remuneration and success of personnel. The evaluation of options for action with regard to the applicability of the topics in companies is a further focus here.
Students acquire in-depth knowledge of the content and subjective and objective methods of personnel selection. You will also acquire methodological skills by developing a personal selection procedure and carrying it out independently.
The students are enabled to work on practical and research-relevant problems on the basis of their specialist knowledge in groups and individual work. Their methodological skills are also trained in practical use. The focus of the project will be announced at the beginning of each semester.
Acquisition of knowledge about teamwork, specific forms of teamwork, complexity of the work fields of teams, team training, crew resource management training and simulator training. Application of this knowledge in the form of designing own articles and in discussions with experts.
- You have the opportunity to apply for your thesis at our chair.
- This can be written in German or English.
- The theses must be empirically designed.
- We attach great importance to a psychological and scientific foundation.
- All further information can be obtained from our contact persons for dissertations.
- An introduction to scientific work can be found here.
- Please contact Prof. Dr. Vera Hagemann, Mrs. Michèle Rieth or Mr. Jonathan Meinecke.