The overarching topic of our research is the synthesis of new functional polymers and also low molecular weight compounds which are able to convert forms of energy into one another:
Current fields of interest are:
- Molecular and polymeric switches
- Organotin heterocycles and polymers and their optoelectronic properties
- Aromatic heterocycles in which CC bonds are replaced by BN bonds
- New synthetic methods for the synthesis of semiconducting polymers
- Chemoselective Cross-Coupling Reactions
The challenges we address are therefore primarily of a synthetic nature, where development of synthetic methodology for unusual heterocycles is a main focus. We combine this with research of the properties of such materials with the aim of controlling such properties by carefully designed syntheses.