Application for EU-citizens

A deserted university boulevard.

"Bildungsinländer:innen" are ...

  • Citizens of the EU
  • non-EU citizens with a German higher education entrance qualification (eg.. Abitur awarded by a German school abroad)
  • Citizens of the EEA states Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway and Switzerland are treated as EU citizens.

The application process differs depending on whether you want to apply for an undergraduate program (Bachelor & Law) or a graduate program (Master).



Student Office
Do you have any questions? Our FAQ (in German) will help you.

VWG Building, Ground  floor

Personal and telephone office hours:
Mon, Thu 10 a.m. - 12 p.m.

►contact us

+49 (0)421 218-61110

Application for undergraduate studies

"Bildungsinländer:innen" are equal to the German applicants. Provided they have sufficient knowledge of German equivalent to a native speaker, they apply directly to the University of Bremen.

In the online application, Bildungsinländer must upload the following documents:

  • University entrance qualification (school leaving certificate, entrance examination [if applicable], study credits and [if applicable] evidence of any degree awarded abroad (in German or English translation)
  • Proof of sufficient knowledge of German language

If you are admitted to study, please send the officially certified copies of these documents by post to the

Office for Students
University of Bremen
PO Box 330 440
28334 Bremen

Please note the application deadlines. If necessary, additional documents must be submitted for enrollment (eg course-specific prerequisites). This will be communicated in the admission letter.

If German language skills at the C1 level cannot be proven, enrollment in the undergraduate study program is not possible. To prepare students for their studies, the University of Bremen offers applicants the preparation studies.

Application for Master's Programs

For Master's programs, the application for international students always takes place directly at the University of Bremen. Information on deadlines, requirements and the application procedure can be found on the Master's application pages.