Skip to main content

Applications from Bildungsinländer

 Bildungsinländer are

  • Citizens of the EU
  • or non-EU citizens with a German higher education entrance qualification (eg.. Abitur awarded by a German school abroad)
  • Citizens of the EEA states Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway and Switzerland are treated as EU citizens.


Due to the situation no consultation hours are offered. You can reach us by mail and telephone.

Office for Student Affairs

Any questions? Check our FAQ!

VWG Building, Ground floor
Office hours: Mon, Tue, Thu 9 a.m. - 12 p.m, Wed 2 p.m. - 4 p.m.
+49 (0)421 218-61110
contact us (in German)

Applications for an undergraduate degree

Bildungsinländer are equal to the German applicants. Provided they have sufficient knowledge of German equivalent to a native speaker, they apply directly to the University of Bremen.

In the online application, Bildungsinländer must upload the following documents :

  • University entrance qualification (school leaving certificate, entrance examination [if applicable], study credits and [if applicable] evidence of any degree awarded abroad.
  • with German or English translations
  • Proof of sufficient knowledge of German

If you are admitted to study, please send the officially certified copies of these documents by post to the

Office for Students
University of Bremen
PO Box 330 440
28334 Bremen

Please note the application deadlines. If necessary, additional documents must be submitted for enrollment (eg course-specific prerequisites). This will be communicated in the admission letter.

To prepare students for their studies, the University of Bremen offers applicants the preparation studies.

Applications for master’s programs

Applications for admission to a master's degree program are always taken at the University of Bremen - ie for international students. Information on applications and deadlines, requirements and the application process can be found on the Master's application  pages.


A person has some documents lying on her knees.