You are cordially invited to spend one or two semesters as a guest student at the University of Bremen. Before that, though, if you are not from an EU country you have to do a little paperwork, like applying for a student visa, for instance.
Your application to study at the University of Bremen must be accompanied by the following documents:
- Completed application for enrollment at the University of Bremen
- Proof of being enrolled at your home university. The proof must be valid for the time you want to study at the University of Bremen.
- A certificate from your home university that a study stay abroad is recommended as part of your degree program (letter of recommendation).
- Proof of sufficient knowledge of German (at least level B2) or an exemption.
- Confirmation from the Faculty of the University of Bremen to which you will belong as part of the visiting student program.
- Proof of a statutory health insurance (owing to the specific health-care system in Germany, this should be done here in Bremen). For EU citizens, EU insurance can be accepted. Citizens from outside the EU must provide evidence f having statutory health insurance.