The integrative program concept is reflected in the following study objectives:
- In-depth scientific and application-oriented development of theories concerning digital media, digital society and digital literacy;
- Better understanding the interplay between processes of digitalization and datafication and its impact on the everyday lives, chances and options of people in different segments of society
- Better understanding the interplay between processes of digitalization and datafication and its impact on businesses, institutions (schools, universities), and organizations
- Gathering practical media experience of at least two different media with a focus on processes of media conception (as electives)
- Knowledge and practical experience of empirical methods, focusing on digital media and the analysis of different forms of data, especially with regard to the conception and realization of independent empirical research projects on different phenomena
- Basic communication research and media analysis, in particular with a focus on digital media
- Key qualifications, in particular in the area of concept planning, project management, presentation techniques, media literacy, moderation and chairing debates, as well as teamwork and leadership tasks.