To whom is a part of the semester fee refunded?
There are two requirements for the refund of the Studierendenwerk fees and the administrative fee of 135 euros. Students must
- receive BAföG in the winter semester 21/22 and
- have re-registered for a regular study programme in the winter semester 21/22 by paying the semester fee.
Conversely, this means that people
- who will not be receiving BAföG in the winter semester 21/22,
- who are new to the University of Bremen (no re-enrollees) or
- who are not enrolled in a regular programme of study (preparatory studies, Probestudium, leave of absence and doctoral students)
do not receive a refund of the student union fee and the administrative fee.
How can the application for reimbursement be made?
If you meet the two requirements for the winter semester 21/22 (BAföG, re-registration in a regular degree programme) and have already transferred the semester fee, you can apply for the "Application for reimbursement for students affected by hardship in the winter semester 2021/2022" online under your account at Moin by 31.01.22 at the latest.
Please have your BAföG notification to hand. You must upload it for the application.
The semester fee may not be reduced!
If you have not yet transferred the semester fee, you may not reduce the semester fee "arbitrarily" - even if you meet the two requirements. You must first transfer the entire semester fee and can then apply for a refund.