Postdoctoral Researcher (f/m/d)
SOCIUM Research Center on Inequality and Social Policy
Classifications E 13 - full-time
Reference number: A239/23
Closing date: 12/15/2023
At the University of Bremen, the SOCIUM - Research Center on Inequality and Social Policy, in the working group of Prof. Tepe, is offering a position in the field of Behavioral Political Science, starting as soon as possible, as a
Postdoctoral Researcher (f/m/d)
(full-time, Salary Scale 13 TV-L)
for an period of 3 years.
The time limitation is based on § 2 (1) WissZeitVG (Wissenschaftszeitvertragsgesetz, i.e. temporary science employment act). Therefore, candidates may only be considered who dispose of the respective scope of qualification periods according to § 2 (1) WissZeitVG.
- Research in Behavioral Political Science.
- Teaching (BA/MA) in Analysis of Political Systems, Electoral Studies, and/or Public Policy (four classes of 1.5 hours/week per year).
- Collaboration in joint grant applications.
- University degree (Uni-Diploma/Master) and completed (or about to be completed) doctorate in political science or a closely related social science discipline (the doctoral certificate must be available at the time of employment.)
- Strong profile in quantitative methods.
- Ability to confidently work with R and/or Python.
- Active research interest in causal inference research designs. Experience in field-, survey- and/or laboratory experiments is desirable.
- Fluency in English. Basic German is an advantage.
- Organizational skills and the ability to work independently and in teams.
We offer you a vibrant, international working environment at SOCIUM with the opportunity for further methodological training.
The University of Bremen is family-friendly and diverse and regards itself as an international university. We, therefore, welcome all applicants regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion/belief, disability, age, sexual orientation, and identity.
As the University of Bremen intends to increase the proportion of female employees in science, women are particularly encouraged to apply.
Disabled applicants will be given priority if their professional and personal qualifications are essentially the same.
If you have any questions, please contact Prof. Tepe (markusprotect me ?!.tepeprotect me ?!uni-bremen).
Your application should contain the following documents:
- Cover letter (max. two pages).
- Curriculum vitae, including contact details of two referees.
- Job market paper or sample chapter from your dissertation.
Please send your application (one PDF file, max. 5 MB) with the reference number A239/23 by 15.12.2023 to
SOCIUM Forschungszentrum Ungleichheit und Sozialpolitik
z.H. Frau Dorit Lafferenz
Postfach 33 04 40
or as a PDF file (max. 5 MB) by unencrypted electronic mail to:
socium-bewerbungenprotect me ?!uni-bremenprotect me ?!.de.
We kindly ask you to send us only copies (no portfolios) of your application documents, as we cannot return them. They will be destroyed after the selection process has been completed.
Any application costs cannot be reimbursed.
Interviews will be held in person or by online video call.