Doctoral researcher position (f/m/d)
Faculty 3 Mathematics/Computer Sciences
Classifications E 13 - part-time 50%
Reference number: A241/21
Closing date: 11/30/2021
The Faculty of Mathematics at the University of Bremen is looking to hire a
doctoral researcher (f/m/d)
in the group "Analysis"
beginning April 1, 2022.
Salary is according to the German federal employee scale TVL-13 (50%) and this position is limited to a term of 36 months.
The time limit is set for scientific qualification in accordance with § 2 Para. 1 WissZeitVG (Wissenschaftszeitvertragsgesetz). Therefore, only applicants can be considered who still have the corresponding qualification periods available.
The research group of Prof. Dr. Anke Pohl deals with various questions in the field of analysis, ergodic theory and dynamic systems as well as analytical number theory. Further information can be found at user.math.uni-bremen.de/apohl/
- Research within the framework of completing a dissertation project
- Leading a Mathematics tutorial group for 2 semester hours per week
- Participation in projects of the research group
- An outstanding university Master’s degree in Mathematics (or comparable)
- You are a team player and have a pronounced organisational and communication skills
- You show a high degree of initiative, flexibility, assertiveness and commitment
- You work independently, structured and precisely
- You have very good written and spoken English skills
The University of Bremen has received a number of awards for its gender and diversity policies and is particularly aiming to increase the number of female researchers. Applications from female candidates, international applications and applications of academics with a migration background are explicitly welcome. Disabled persons with the same professional and personal qualifications will be given preference.
Applications (including a cover letter, research statement, CV, transcript of records, degree certificates as well as contact information for two or three academic references) should preferably be sent electronically by 30 November 2021 with the reference number A241/21 to
Prof. Dr. Anke Pohl FB 03 - Mathematics/Computer Science University of Bremen
or electronically in a single PDF file to apohlprotect me ?!uni-bremenprotect me ?!.de
The review process will begin on 1 December 2021.