On Wednesday morning, the Department of Facility Management announced that the first steps of the electrical repairs after the fire damage have been completed. The Mensa cafeteria is expected to reopen on Thursday, September 28, with limited services. More detailed information is available on the website of the Student Services Organisation.
On Tuesday morning, an electrical fire occurred during work on the new low-voltage main distribution for the Central Campus Area in the area under the Boulevard. No one was injured in the fire. The Central Campus Area was without power until Wednesday morning. The Mensa cafeteria had to remain closed on Tuesday and Wednesday.
The consequences of the fire for the buildings and parts of buildings in the Central Campus Area were severe:
The Student Residence Hall, the Mensa cafeteria, the Central Examinations Office, the entire Student Services Organization in the student house, all units in and around the Glass Hall, the Sparkasse Bank, the Academy of Continuing Education, and all other buildings and parts of buildings in the immediate Central Campus Area of the university were without power for hours.