Since 1983, the unifreunde association has been honoring outstanding graduation achievements. Professor Bengt Beutler, chairman of the society, will lead the award ceremony in the upper room of the town hall. Short welcoming speeches will be given by the Bremen Senator of Science, Health and Consumer Protection, Professor Eva Quante-Brandt, and the Vice President for Research, Professor Andreas Breiter. The laudations will be held by the scientists who have reviewed the work of the graduates.
The winners of the 2018 Bremen Study Prize are:
• Dissertation in the field of natural and engineering sciences: Dr. Georg Pesch, Faculty of Production Engineering, for “On the dielectrophoretic particle retention in porous media.”
• Master’s thesis in the field of natural and engineering sciences: Magdalena Laurien, Faculty of Production Engineering, for “Atomistic Modeling of the Formation of a Thermoset/Thermoplastic Interphase during Co-Curing.”
• Dissertation in the field of social sciences: Dr. Insa Stephanie Jarass, Faculty of Law, for “Privates Einheitsrecht” (private uniform law).
• Master’s thesis in the field of social sciences: Matthias C. Täger, Faculty of Social Sciences, for “Greening Finance? A Strategic Action Field Analysis of Environmentally Sustainable Finance.”
• Special prize from Bruker Daltonik GmbH in the field of natural and engineering sciences: Dr. Florian F. Krause, Faculty of Physics, for his dissertation “Entwicklung spezieller quantitativer Messverfahren für die hochauflösende Transmissionselektronenmikroskopie” (development of special quantitative measurement methods for high-resolution transmission electron microscopy).
For Editorial Offices: A photo session with award winners and Senator Eva Quante-Brandt, the chairman of the unifreunde association, Bengt Beutler, and Vice President Andreas Breiter will take place at 6:15 p.m. in the town hall. A photo can also be requested from the press office on Friday, March 1: firstname.lastname@example.org
University of Bremen
Tel.: +49 421 218-60116