Foreign Language Assistant (f/m/d)
for 29.4 hours per week (0.75 position)
in pay group 7 TV-L for an unlimited period.
If you are interested in working in an internationally and interdisciplinarily oriented department in a lively field of communication and media studies, if you are used to working independently, time-effectively and flexibly, and if you enjoy working with students, doctoral candidates and university staff, then you should apply for this position. For more information about the environment of this job, please visit: https://www.uni-bremen.de/fb9/fachbereich-9
The scope of duties includes:
1. administrative tasks in teaching and research, in particular
- a. Collaboration in course planning
- b. Cooperation in the administration of examinations (coordination of module responsibilities and grade entries)
- c. Collaboration in the preparation of teaching materials incl. presentations
- d. Administrative support for research activities and third-party funding projects
- e. Organisation and administrative support of publications
- f. Carrying out procurements
2. correspondence and word processing in German and English, simple and minor translations
3. secretarial duties
4. cooperation in the organisation and implementation of as well as public relations for conferences, workshops, etc.
5. maintenance of databases
- Successfully completed vocational training as a foreign language assistant (f/m/d) with very good knowledge of English or comparable qualification, preferably proven by several years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience as a foreign language assistant (f/m/d) or comparable experience in the secretarial field with verifiable relevant foreign language tasks
- Written and spoken English (at least C1 Common European Framework of Reference for Languages - CEF)
- Relevant professional experience in independent office organisation and secretarial work
- Good knowledge of standard software for word processing, presentation software, scheduling, knowledge of standard software for spreadsheets, maintenance of web presences and document management system, proficient use of Internet browser and e-mail
- Experience of working with databases
- Very good command of written and spoken German
- Strong organisational and communication skills
- Flexibility and a service-oriented manner
- Ability to work in a team and interest in dealing with different people
The University is family-friendly, diverse and sees itself as an international university. We therefore welcome all applicants regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion/belief, disability, age, sexual orientation and identity. Severely disabled applicants will be given priority if their professional and personal qualifications are essentially equal.
Applications should be sent by 02.06.2023, quoting the reference number A80/23, to:
University of Bremen
- Cultural Studies (FB 9) -
Ms Andrea Hundt
PO Box 33 04 40
or by e-mail to bewerbungen-fb9protect me ?!vw.uni-bremenprotect me ?!.de
Any costs incurred in the course of your application cannot be reimbursed. We kindly ask you to send us only copies of your application documents (no portfolios).