Subject to the release of funds, the Centre for Media, Communication and Information Research (ZeMKI) at the University of Bremen has a full-time position to be filled as soon as possible.
Computer scientist (f/m/d) in the area of Communication and Media Studies
- Salary group 13 TV-L -
100 % of regular working hours
The position is restricted to a period of 3 years. The successful candidate will be able to pursue a doctorate.
Development of research software, maintenance of research software, server administration, participation in software documentation and co-creation workshops
- Above average degree (master’s) in Computer Science, Media Informatics or similar,
- Experience in the development of dynamic web applications (PHP, Java Script, MySQL),
- It would be an advantage to have experience in Python, R, Laravel, Vue.js, and server administration,
- It would be an advantage to have experience in research projects,
- It would be an advantage to have experience of cooperation with social sciences,
- Interest in issues surrounding communication and media studies,
- Willingness to participate in co-creation and open source development,
Very good knowledge of English (both written and spoken), high level of commitment and initiative, ability to work in a team, diligent and reliable working attitude.
The University of Bremen is committed to increasing the share of women working in science and therefore expressly invites women to apply. Severely disabled applicants will be given priority if their professional and personal aptitudes are essentially the same. Applications from people with a migration background are also welcome.
Questions should be directed to Dr. Leif Kramp (krampuni-bremen.de).
Applications with the usual supporting documents are requested by 15 October 2019, quoting the reference number A211/19, to the following address:
Centre for Media, Communication and Information Research (ZeMKI)
Attn. Dr. Leif Kramp
Post Box 33 04 40
or by e-mail: krampuni-bremen.de
We ask you to send us only copies (not folders) of your application documents, as they cannot be returned. It is also not possible to reimburse any costs arising from your application or attendance at an interview.
Download the job ad here.