"Researching Games and Culture?!" Our Bremen gaming lab is looking for a new team member: if you are a PostDoc and interested in research in religion and video gaming, we offer as soon as possible a three-year post-doctoral position!
The Institute for Religious Studies at the University of Bremen offers – under the condition of job release – as soon as possible a three-year post-doctoral position to be based in the field of work „Literature and Media of Religion“ of Prof. Dr. Kerstin Radde-Antweiler
Research Associate (PostDoc) (f/m/d)
Remuneration Group 13 TV-L
with 100 % of the regular working time / full-time employee
The position is limited to the scientific qualification according to § 2 Abs. 1 WissZeitVG (Wissenschaftszeitvertragsgesetz). Accordingly, only applicants can be considered who still have qualification periods according to § 2 Abs. 1 WissZeitVG to the corresponding extent.
- Research in the field of religious studies with a focus on mediatization of religion, preferably religion and video gaming
- Conducting of two courses (4 SWS), participation in conducting examinations
- Support of the international peer-reviewed journal GAMEVIRONMENTS
- Collaboration in the research projects of the professorship for Literature and Media of
- Relgion, in the development of third-party funded projects and in the academic self-government
- Above-average degree (Master) in the Study of Religion or related fields such as Communication and Media Studies, Social Sciences or Ethnology with a proven focus on religion and digital media
- Thematically relevant Ph.D. degree as well as publications in the field of mediatization and religion
- Experience in media analysis and empirical religious research (qualitative or quantitative methods)
- Knowledge in research of religious contemporary culture as well as in the development of communications and media theories is highly appreciated
- Very good language skills in written and spoken English
- High level of commitment and initiative, creative and conceptional thinking as well as the ability and willingness to work in an international team are requested
The university is family-friendly, diverse and sees itself as an international university. We therefore welcome all applicants regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion/belief, disability, age, sexual orientation and identity.
As the University of Bremen intends to increase the proportion of female employees in science, women are particularly encouraged to apply. Disabled applicants will be given priority if their professional and personal qualifications are essentially the same.
Please address any queries to Prof. Dr. Kerstin Radde-Antweiler (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Applications with the usual documents are requested by January 13th, 2023 with the reference number A350/22 to
Institut für Religionswissenschaft und -pädagogik
z. Hd. Frau Anja Kamrath
Postfach 33 04 40
Download: job description