At the University of Bremen, the ZeMKI Centre for Media, Communication and Information Research/ Faculty 9 - Cultural Studies - in the ZeMKI Lab "Datafication and Mediatization" of Prof. Dr. Andreas Hepp has a vacancy from 1.3.2023, subject to approval, for a
Research Associate (Doctoral Researcher) (f/m/d)
- pay group 13 TV-L - half-time - for a period of
for a period of 3 years.
The fixed-term contract is for scientific qualification according to § 2 para. 1 WissZeitVG (Wissenschaftszeitvertragsgesetz). Accordingly, only applicants who still have qualification periods to the corresponding extent according to § 2 para. 1 WissZeitVG can be considered.
We are looking for a person (f/m/d) with an interest in research on media use and digital media practices, who would like to work in a committed team dealing with recent media change (including automation and datafication of communication, pioneer journalism, pioneer/developer communities) and using an innovative combination of qualitative and digital methods.
- Independent research in the form of a doctorate to the extent of one third of the working time.
- Scientific research activities to the extent of one third of the working time:
- Support in ongoing research projects of the ZeMKI Lab "Datafication and Mediatization", especially in the area of current media change (including pioneer communities of technology development and pioneer journalism).
- Support in the acquisition of a research project in the field of automation of communication and related publications
- Preparation and implementation of scientific conferences
- Support in academic self-administration
- Scientific services in teaching to the extent of 2 SWS or one third of the working time:
- Conducting tutorials or seminars according to own thematic priorities
- Preparation of teaching materials
- Pre-correction of examinations
- Supervision of seminar papers, term papers, presentations and Bachelor's and Master's theses.
Requirements for employment:
- Above-average academic university degree (Master's/Diplom) in communication and media studies or a related discipline
- Sound methodological training (especially with regard to qualitative methods and digital methods)
- Prior knowledge of or high interest in the above-mentioned research foci
- Willingness to pursue further academic qualification (doctorate) in the above-mentioned field
- Very good written and spoken German and/or English skills
- High level of commitment and initiative, ability to work in a team, careful and reliable working methods
- Willingness to participate in academic self-administration
- Willingness to teach in accordance with the LVNV (Lehrverpflichtungs- und Lehrnachweisordnung).
The university is family-friendly, diverse and sees itself as an international university. We therefore welcome all applicants regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion/belief, disability, age, sexual orientation and identity.
As the University of Bremen intends to increase the proportion of female employees in science, women are particularly encouraged to apply. Disabled applicants will be given priority if their professional and personal qualifications are essentially the same.
Questions should be addressed to Prof. Dr. Andreas Hepp (andreas.heppprotect me ?!uni-bremenprotect me ?!.de).
The deadline for applications is January 15, 2023, quoting the reference number A345/22.
Applications have to be sent to
University of Bremen
Centre for Media, Communication and Information Research (ZeMKI)
z. Attention: Ms. Heide Pawlik
PO Box 33 04 40
or by e-mail as PDF to: Heide Pawlik email@example.com
In addition to a covering letter outlining the motivation, the application should be accompanied by a curriculum vitae, final certificates and the final thesis or other publications, if applicable.
Download the job ad