Angelika Bikner-Ahsbahs (Vice Speaker)is Professor of Mathematics Education at the Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science at the University of Bremen. Since 2006 she is the chair of the (European) Networking of Theories Group (current group members are Ferdinando Arzarello, Michèle Artigue, Marianna Bosch, Tommy Dreyfus, Stefan Halverscheid, Mariam Haspekian, Ivy Kidron, Susanne Prediger, Cristina Sabena, Ingolf Schäfer), that develops an empirical research approach benefitting from the diversity of theories involved and that goes beyond triangulation. Besides research and development she is deeply engaged in research oriented teaching and learning in higher education and in teachers’ professional development, specifically in cases of out-of field teaching.
Her main areas of expertise are:
- construction of mathematical knowledge at secondary level
- interest research in mathematics education
- empirical investigations of mathematics classrooms
- epistemological and methodological issues on empirical research in mathematics education
- networking of theories in mathematics education,
- design and research of tasks and learning environments in mathematics