Katalina Kopka (Wiss. Mitarbeiterin)
Literary Studies, Media Studies
Büro: GW 2, A 3.660
Telefon: +49 (0)421 218-68147
Sprechzeiten: Dienstags, 15:00 – 16:00 Uhr
E-Mail: kopkaprotect me ?!uni-bremenprotect me ?!.de
Werdegang /Curriculum Vitae
Research Assistant and lecturer in English-Speaking Cultures at the University of Bremen (Research group of Prof. Dr. Norbert Schaffeld)
PhD project about Artificial Intelligence and Film affiliated to interdisciplinary work group Fiction Meets Science (FMS)
2013 to 2016
M.A. Transnational Literary Studies, University of Bremen and National University of Ireland Maynooth (Ireland); Thesis: “‘Unfinished Business’ – Representations of Trauma in Contemporary Films about the Iraq War”
2010 to 2013
B.A. English-Speaking Cultures and Cultural Studies, University of Bremen and Dickinson College (USA); Thesis: “’The most elegant arabesques that fancy could devise’ – Historicizing Representations of the Orient in William Beckford’s Vathek”
- Summer term 2019: London in Literature - Literary London: A Literary and Cultural Journey across the Centuries (Excursion, English-Speaking Cultures / B.A. and M.A.)
- Winter term 2018/19: A Cultural History of the Artificial Human (Seminar, English-Speaking Cultures / B.A.)
- Summer term 2018: Introduction to English Literatures Part II (Seminar, English-Speaking Cultures / B.A.)
- Summer term 2017: Screening America at War: Filmic Representations of Armed Conflict in US Culture (Seminar, English-Speaking Cultures / B.A.)
- Winter term 2015/16: Tutorial to the Introduction to Transnational Literary Studies (Tutorial, Transnational Literary Studies / M.A.)
- Winter term 2015/16: Tutorial to Introduction to English Literatures (Part I) (Tutorial, English-Speaking Cultures / B.A.)
Participation at “Cardiff ScienceHumanities Summer School,” Cardiff University, Wales, 20-24 May 2019.
"Cine Science EXTRA: Soziale Künstliche Intelligenz im amerikanischen Spielfilm.“ Guest lecture at Essener Wissenschaftssommers 2019, Glückauf Filmstudio Essen, 18 June 2019.
(with Jana Nittel) “Geoffrey Chaucer’s Canterbury Tales: Exploring the Historical Context of this Middle English Masterpiece.” Lecture series „Literary Histor(ies) in English: Texts and Issues” at the University of Bremen, November 3, 2015.
“The Girlfriend Experience: (Ro-)Bots, Gender and Technology in Ex Machina (2015) and Blade Runner 2049 (2017).” Lecture series “Gender, Culture, Feminism” at the University of Bremen, 21 November 2018, 2018.
Literary Studies, Media Studies, Transnational Literatures, Film Studies, War and Culture, Science and Literature
Fiction Meets Science (FMS)
Kopka, Katalina. “Cultural Hauntings: Narrating Trauma in Contemporary Films about the Iraq War” Ex-centric Narratives: Journal of Anglophone Literature, Culture and Media, No. 2, 2018, pp. 103-120.
Kopka, Katalina. “A Blog of One’s Own: British Feminism and Social Media in the 21st Century.” Hard Times, No. 2, 2018, pp. 136-145.