Current events and news
Facing the future, consulting the past
Drei Jahrzehnte Fremdsprachendidaktik im Rückblick (1968-2001)
Lecture Series winter term 2021/22
Tuesday 14:15–15:45 Uhr, 26.10.21–25.01.22
Online via ZOOM
Please register by contacting:
escdidprotect me ?!uni-bremenprotect me ?!.de
+49 (0)421 218-68059
In our digital lecture series, influential foreign language educators, language teaching and learning researchers and applied linguists are looking back on three formative decades of foreign language didactics between the '68 revolution and the publication of the Common European Framework of Reference in 2001. From the subjective point of view of the invitees, continuities as well as breaks and paradigm shifts, errors as well as historical evergreens are of interest as we are convinced that a discipline can only develop with an understanding of its (contemporary) history. Interested colleagues and students are welcome to listen, think and discuss.
Please find the titles and invitees on the poster.mehr
Erasmus+ project "TEACUP" on "Making plurilingual/plurcultural education possible: International perspectives
The final conference of the Erasmus+ project "TEACUP" on "Making plurilingual/plurcultural education possible: International perspectives" will take place at the University of Bremen from 13 to 15 September 2022. The conference will be hosted by Elena Gómez-Parra (University of Córdoba, Spain), Joanna Pfingsthorn and Tim Giesler (University of Bremen). Contributions will address (but are not limited to) the following questions:
- What theoretical perspectives need to be reassessed, redefined, discussed, or considered in the pursuit of making plurilingualism more accessible?
- What promising and/or challenging methods are there to foster various plurilingual competences and learning strategies in a sustainable way?
- What challenges and opportunities are associated with the affective dimension of plurilingualism?
- What geopolitical and educational policy factors play or have played a role in a sustainable adoption of the plurilingual approach?
- What influence do local and national (educational) contexts exert on plurilingualism/pluriculturalism and on the measure undertaken to make the implementation of the plurilingual/pluricultural approach more accessible
Among many other exciting contributions, we look forward to keynotes by Ofelia García, Anthony Liddicaot and Ricardo Otheguy.