Outstanding PhD students from all over the world are invited to participate in the Jena Summer Academy, together with the doctoral students belonging to the Jena Graduate Schools. The guest PhDs will benefit from:
- exceptional learning environment that so far trained more than 120 PhD students to the highest research standards,
- a close contact to international scholars, to be enjoyed in the incredible atmosphere of Jena, the City of Light,
- possibility to present ongoing research projects,
- conceptualizing new research ideas together with PhDs and faculty.
To ensure an excellent learning environment, participation is limited to 30 graduate/doctoral students. Registration fee for both weeks including summer school materials, coffee breaks and social events is 200 Euro.
Confirmed courses and speakers are:
• Keynote: The Digital Economy (Irene Bertschek, Professor of Economics - ZEW Mannheim)
• Innovation in Transition Economies (Jutta Günther, Professor of Economics - University of Bremen)
• Empirical Methods for Economics of Innovation (Hanna Hottenrott, Professor of Economics - TU München)
• Machine Learning with Application in Economics (Martin Spindler, Professor for Statistics - University of Hamburg)
• Entrepreneurship (Matthias Menter, Professor of Economics - FSU Jena)
• Economics of Digitalization (Simone Vannuccini, Lecturer in Economics - SPRU)
• Entrepreneurial Universities and Academic Entrepreneurship (James Cunningham, Professor of Strategic Management - Northumbria University)