Bremen-Cardiff Alliance Collaborative Fund
The Collaborative Fund is open for the development of joint research between the two institutions in all disciplines, as well as the mobility of teaching, technical and professional services staff to share best practice. Staff are particularly encouraged to use the funding to support the preparation of joint bids for external funding and work on joint publications.
What it funds
Eligible activities supported through the Collaborative Fund include, but are not limited to, one or a combination of either short research stays, preparation of joint funding bids and publications, workshops, seminars, visiting PhD student exchanges for the delivery of collaborative research and, primarily in the case of technical and professional services staff, sharing of good practice.
During a time of restrictions on travel and face-to-face meeting, it is vital that collaborations continue, whether that is by establishing new links or strengthening existing ones. Applications focused on the development and delivery of innovative forms of collaboration through virtual/blended means are therefore eligible and strongly encouraged. These can include, but are not limited to, virtual forms of research collaboration, virtual fellowships, development of a joint virtual/blended teaching module, or development of a training programme for staff.
The Collaborative Fund will provide travel grants to cover the cost of transport, visas (if applicable), accommodation and subsistence for the duration of the visit. Other reasonable costs related to organisation of seminars and workshops, including the travel of multiple staff, may be requested.
Costs related to the development and delivery of virtual means of collaboration are also eligible.
All costs will need to be fully justified in the application. The maximum total value of an application is £10,000/€10,000. For longer research stays and visiting PhD student exchanges funding will be capped at £1,000/€1,000 per month pro rata.
Length of visits
- Exchanges of academic staff, postdoctoral researchers, PhD students, teaching, technical and professional services staff, for the purposes of organisation of workshops, seminars and sharing of best practice: Up to one week
- Exchanges of academic staff and postdoctoral researchers for the purpose of research stays, preparation of joint funding bids and publications: Between one week and three months
- Visiting PhD student exchanges for the delivery of collaborative research: Between one and 12 months
How to apply:
- Complete the Bremen-Cardiff Alliance Collaborative Fund application form, together with your collaborator at Cardiff University.
- Submit the application for the approval of your Head of School/Division Director and request a letter of support, confirming the School/Division support for the proposal and any specific arrangements to be put in place locally to support the proposed activities. (Please note that your Cardiff University collaborator will need to do the same at their end.)
Deadline for applications
Proposals to the Collaborative Fund may be submitted any time but the selection panel will convene to consider applications twice a year. The two collection dates per year for applications are:
- 15 March for activities to take place in the following autumn/winter
- 15 October for activities to take place in the following spring/summer
Due to the pandemic, applications will be considered as they come.
Should technical problems occur when filling in the form, please send your application by e-mail to Ms. Hasenmüller: barbara.hasenmuellerprotect me ?!vw.uni-bremenprotect me ?!.de