- Yeshi, T., Harima, A., & Freiling, J. (2022, in-press). Resilience on an Emotional Rollercoaster: Refugee Entrepreneurship under Adversity. European Management Journal. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.emj.2022.12.009
- Marquardt, L., & Harima, A. (2022). Expanding Entrepreneurial Ecosystem Boundaries with Digital Architecture: A Resource Perspective. Academy of Management Proceedings, 2022(1). https://doi.org/10.5465/ambpp.2022.18066abstract.
- Harima, A. (2022). Transnational migration entrepreneurship during a crisis: Immediate response to challenges and opportunities emerging through the COVID-19 pandemic. Business and Society Review. Download [Open Access]
- Harima, A. (2022). Theorizing Disembedding and Re-Embedding: Resource Mobilization in Refugee Entrepreneurship. Entrepreneurship & Regional Development. Download [Author Accepted Version]
- Harima, A., Kroczak, A., & Repnik, M. (2021). Role Ambiguity in Entrepreneurship Education: Expectation Gaps between Educators and Students in Venture Creation Courses. Education + Training.
- Harima, A., Gießelmann, J., Göttsch, Vi., & Schlichting, L. (2021). Entrepreneurship? Let Us Do It Later: Procrastination in the Intention-Behavior Gap of Student Entrepreneurship. International Journal of Entrepreneurial Behavior & Research, 27(5), 1189-1213.
- Harima, A., Harima., J., & Freiling, J. (2021). The Injection of Resources by Transnational Entrepreneurs: Towards a Model of the Early Evolution of an Entrepreneurial Ecosystem. Entrepreneurship & Regional Development, 33(1-2), 80-107.
- Plak, C., Harima, A., & Lagarde, V. (2021). The Evolution of Refugee-Camp Entrepreneurial Ecosystems: The Caes of Umkulu in Eritrea. Academy of Management Proceedings 2021(1), 16281.
- Harima, A., Periac, F., Murphy, T., & Picard, S. (2021). Entrepreneurial Opportunities of Refugees in Germany, France, and Ireland: Multiple Embeddedness Framework. International Entrepreneurship and Management Journal, 17(2), 625-663.
- Harima, A., & Baron, T. (2020). Is This Transnational Entrepreneurship? Five Cases in Which It Is Hard to Say 'Yes' or 'No'. Journal of Entrepreneurship and Innovation in Emerging Economies, 6(1), 12-40.
- Dang, C-M., & Harima, A. (2020). Dual Embeddedness and Entrepreneurial Activities of Second-Generation Ethnic Entrepreneurs: Multiple Case Studies with Vietnamese Entrepreneurs in Germany. Journal of Entrepreneurship and Innovation in Emerging Economies, 6(19), 84-113.
- Freiling, J., & Harima, A. (2019). Tackling the Heterogeneity – Migration and Diaspora Entrepreneurship. International Journal of Entrepreneurship and Innovation Management, 23(6), 539-558.
- Phuong, Q.D., & Harima, A. (2019). The Impact of Cultural Values on Vietnamese Ethnic Entrepreneurs in Germany. Journal of Entrepreneurship, Management, and Innovation, 15(2), 85-115.
- Harima, A., Freudenberg, J., Halberstadt, J. (2019). Functional Domains of Business Incubators for Refugee Entrepreneurs. Journal of Enterprising Communities: People and Places in the Global Economy, 14(5), 687-711.
- Harima, A., & Freudenberg, J. (2019). Co-Creation of Social Entrepreneurial Opportunities with Refugees. Journal of Social Entrepreneurship.
- Baron, T., & Harima, A. (2019). The Role of Diaspora Entrepreneurs in Start-up Ecosystem Development – A Berlin Case Study. International Journal of Entrepreneurship and Small Business, 36(1/2), 74-102.
- Harima, A., Elo, M., & Freiling, J. (2016). Rich-to-poor Diaspora Ventures: How Do They Survive? International Journal of Entrepreneurship and Small Business, 28(4), 391-413.
- Harima, A. (2015). Motivation of Japanese Descending Diaspora Entrepreneurs. Studia i Materialy, (19), 22-36.
- Harima, A. (2015). The Role of Local Partners for Descending Diaspora Entrepreneurship: Overcoming Liability of Foreignness. American Journal of Entrepreneurship, 8(2), 60-88.
- Mayer, S., Harima, A., & Freiling, J. (2015). Network Benefits for Ghanaian Diaspora and Returnee Entrepreneurs. Entrepreneurial Business and Economics Review, 3(3), 95-121.
- Harima, A., & Vemuri, S. (2015). Diaspora Business Model Innovation, Journal of Entrepreneurship, Management, and Innovation, 11(1), 29-52.
- Harima, A. (2014). Network Dynamics of Descending Diaspora Entrepreneurship: Multiple Case Studies with Japanese Entrepreneurs in Emerging Economies, Journal of Entrepreneurship, Management and Innovation, 10(4), 65-92.
- Jürgens, C., Ramalingam, A., Zarembski, R., Harima, A. and Yeshi, T. (2022), "Relational Dynamics within Refugee Business Incubators: Bridging Refugee Entrepreneurs to the Host-Country Entrepreneurial Ecosystem", Pickernell, D.G., Battisti, M., Dann, Z. and Ekinsmyth, C. (Ed.) Disadvantaged Entrepreneurship and the Entrepreneurial Ecosystem (Contemporary Issues in Entrepreneurship Research, Vol. 14), Emerald Publishing Limited, Bingley, pp. 147-169.
- Phuong, Q.D., Mayer, S., Theohavora, V., Harima, A., & Freiling, J. (2019). Provoking Gender-related Institutional Changes: A Case of a Returnee Female Entrepreneur in India. In M. I. Yenilmez & O. B. Celik (Eds.) A comparative perspective of women's economic empowerment. Routledge: New York, NY.
- Heilbrunn, S., Freiling, J., & Harima, A. (2019). Refugee Entrepreneurship. A Case-based Topography, Palgrave.
- Harima, A., Haimour, M., & Freiling, J. (2019). Umayyad: A Syrian Refugee Business in Bremen, Germany, in Heilbrunn, S; Freiling, J; Harima, A, (Ed.) Refugee Entrepreneurship: A Case-based Topography.
- Harima, A. (2019). Case Studies: Japanese Entrepreneurs in Emerging Countries, in Diaspora Networks in International Business edited by Maria Elo & Indianna Minto-Coy, Springer.
- Harima, A. (2016) Classification of Diaspora Entrepreneurship. A Book Chapter of "Diaspora Business". Edited by Maria Elo & Liesl Riddle. Inter-Disciplinary Press. Oxford.
- Elo, M., Harima, A., & Freiling, J. (2015). To Try or Not to Try? A Story of Diaspora Entrepreneurship, in Rob Van Tulder, Alain Verbeke , Rian Drogendijk (ed.) The Future of Global Organizing (Progress in International Business Research, Volume 10) Emerald Group Publishing Limited: 283 - 293.