Research Assistant/Doctoral Student (f/m/d)
Fachbereich 7 - Wirtschaftswissenschaft
Entgelt- / Besoldungsgruppe E 13 - Teilzeit 50%
Part-time Research Assistant/Doctoral Student (WiMi) (f/m/d)
Chair in International Management & Governance (IMG)
Faculty for Business Studies & Economics, University of Bremen
The Chair in International Management and Governance (IMG), Faculty for Business Studies & Economics, University of Bremen, invites outstanding candidates to apply for the position of a
part-time (50%) Research Assistant/
Doctoral Student (f/m/d) for three years
The employment shall be on terms specified in the German Salary Standard 13 TV-L. Under the usual reserve of the formal approval of the vacancy by the University of Bremen the position is to be filled as soon as possible.
The successful candidate will actively participate in the academic work of the Chair.
The Chair’s core research areas are:
- The theory of the MNE, particularly institutional, co-evolutionary and capabilities-based perspectives on the MNE
- Comparative institutional analysis of MNE investment decisions
- The economic and social impact of MNEs on home and host countries
- The role of MNEs in facing global challenges such as climate change, poverty reduction, or political instability.
The successful candidate is expected to participate in…
- own research projects (Doctoral Thesis),
- research projects of the Chair,
- and developing new teaching content, supporting lectures, coaching students, correcting exams.
We require applicants to have…
- a completed university degree (Master or equivalent) with an outstanding grade that is relevant to the above-mentioned research areas (in particular: business, management, and economics),
- the intention to write a Doctoral Thesis,
- an understanding of basic research methods,
- great command of the English language both written and spoken,
- the motivation for academic work, team spirit, and the ability to work independently.
As the University of Bremen intends to increase the proportion of female employees in science, women are particularly encouraged to apply. In the case of equal qualification, disabled persons will be given priority. International applications, as well as applications of academics with a migration background, are explicitly welcome.
The employment is fixed-term and governed by the Act of Academic Fixed-Term Contract, §2 (1) (Wissenschaftszeitvertragsgesetz – WissZeitVG). Therefore, candidates may only be considered for appointment if they still have the respective qualification periods available following § 2 (1) WissZeitVG.
The applicants are expected to enclose their CV, copies of transcripts and diplomas, and a brief exposé (maximum: 2 pages) on a potential topic for a Doctoral Thesis. The application deadline is the 1st of March, 2021. Please send your application indicating the position number A307/20 to the following address:
Chair in International Management and Governance
Faculty of Business Studies and Economics (FB7)
University of Bremen
or to the following e-mail contact: Dr. Gunnar Leymann - g.leymannprotect me ?!uni-bremenprotect me ?!.de.