The Research Funding Committee and the Rectorate of the University of Bremen will decide on the application based on the following criteria.
1. Applicant‘s Qualifications
- Contribution of a doctoral dissertation to development of the research field;
- Outstanding publication activity (quality, quantity, and significance, taking peer reviewed publications into account as well as sole and first authorship, inasmuch as relevant for the field);
- Networking skills and experience of cooperation in the scientific community (for example, research sojourns in other countries, international cooperation projects, the organization of conferences, edited works);
- Leadership and management experience or recognizable potential (including gender and diversity competence);
- Prizes and other awards for academic achievements.
2. Quality of Project
- Originality and quality of project;
- Convincing positioning regarding the “state of the art” in the research field;
- Convincing substantiation of line of research/hypotheses;
- Convincing preparatory work/previous experience;
- Purposeful selection of methods/procedures and feasibility;
- Comprehensive and realistic work and time schedule together with adequate financing plan;
- Special significance of the project (e.g. socio-political, regional, relevance of transferability);
- Suitability of project for the applicant’s advancement within the context of the funding objectives (qualification for a professorship, networking in the scientific community).
3. Integration within the Research Environment of the University of Bremen
- Integration in the research group/institute (strategic fit with the research area);
- Innovative content and individuality of project idea within the context of the hosting research area;
- Potential for the development of cooperation with the hosting research area;
- Availability of prerequisite infrastructure/equipment.