In the future, the programmes ISATEC and Marine Biology will be fused to form a single MSc programme with two study profiles. From the winter semester 2020/21 on, ISATEC will be a study profile in the MSc programme Marine Biology! The application therefore has to be for Marine Biology (choose the subject “Marine Biology DAAD” in the online application portal, if you want to apply for ISATEC in combination with a DAAD scholarship from the “Development-Related Postgraduate Courses” programme).
The deadline for the combined application for the 2020 ISATEC programme is the 15th October 2019!
(The Online Application Portal will open on 01st August)
A preparatory German language course of 2 months prior to the beginning of the MSc programme is part of the DAAD scholarship. In addition, an online German language course (DUO) prior to your departure to Germany is offered as part of the scholarship. The participation in these preparatory German language courses is mandatory.
Students wishing to participate in the ISATEC programme must have completed their undergraduate studies and need to hold a Bachelor of Science (B. Sc.) in biological/environmental sciences with an overall grade of at least 2.5 according to the German grading scheme (1.0 equals "excellent", 2.0 "good", 3.0 "satisfactory", 4.0 "sufficient", and 5.0 "fail". Grades from international applicants will be converted to the German grading scheme by the university administration).
Applicants for the DAAD scholarship have to be citizens of developing countries with at least two years of professional working experience.
The typical scholarship holders work either for a public authority or a state or private company in a developing country and, as such, are engaged in the planning and execution of directives and projects with emphasis on development policies having a bearing on technological, economic or social areas. They have development-related motivation and can be expected to make full use of their scholarship and education by taking on social responsibility later in their careers, acting as agents of change who stimulate and support development in their personal and professional surroundings.
When applying for the ISATEC programme you may combine your application with an application for a scholarship provided by the DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service). ISATEC is member of the DAAD Scholarship Programme “Development-Related Postgraduate Courses” which offers scholarships to highly qualified students.
Applications (for ISATEC as well as for the DAAD scholarships) must be submitted via the Online Application Portal and contain the DAAD application form. Please use the “further documents” section to upload the DAAD form and other documents, not directly requested by the online application portal. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Applications must be submitted online, prior to the closing date and together with all necessary admission requirements. Please check the application info attachment below. Apply via the Online Application Portal of the University of Bremen and choose the subject "Marine Biology DAAD" after registration. mehr »
- Letter of motivation, explaining the interest for enrolment in the ISATEC study programme (carrying date and signature)
- Detailed curriculum vitae (carrying date and signature)
- Certificate of English proficiency according to level C1 of the European reference scheme for language skills for non-native speakers (TOEFL: iBT 95 ; IELTS: band 7.0 or equivalent documents)
- Certificate of BSc degree, including graduation scheme University transcripts, including a list of courses completed at the home university with the duration, final grades and graduation scheme
- Academic letters of reference of recent date, carrying signature and office stamp, letterhead and date
- Certificate(s) of employment from the employer(s) that proof a minimum of two years of relevant working experience (after the bachelor degree) at the time of application and if possible, a guarantee of re-employment from your current employer upon returning home (letterhead, date, signature and office stamp required)
- Letter of recommendation from your current employer, carrying signature and office stamp, letterhead and date
- DAAD Application Form (carrying date and signature)
Download a checklist stating the required documents for your application.
Once your application has been submitted online, it is not necessary to submit any paper documents to the University of Bremen.
You will only be requested to submit paper documents if your application is successful.
In this case you will be informed to download
- a Confirmation of Enrollment
- together with a request to submit (either by surface mail or by hand) any further paper documents that may be necessary.
Copies of original certificates must be validated.
Certificates in other languages than German or English must be translated into German or English.
Original documents will not be accepted, please do not send any!