Students wishing to participate in the ISATEC programme must have completed their undergraduate studies and need to hold a Bachelor of Science (B. Sc.) in biological/environmental sciences with
- an overall grade of at least 2.5 according to the German grading scheme (1.0 equals "excellent", 2.0 "good", 3.0 "satisfactory", 4.0 "sufficient", and 5.0 "fail".
- Grades from international applicants will be converted to the German grading scheme by the university administration.
- Applicants for the DAAD scholarship have to be citizens of developing countries with at least two years of professional working experience.
The typical scholarship holders work either for a public authority or a state or private company in a developing country and, as such,are engaged in the planning and execution of directives and projects with emphasis on development policies having a bearing on technological, economic or social areas.
They have development-related motivation and can be expected to make full use of their scholarship and education by taking on social responsibility later in their careers, acting as agents of change who stimulate and support development in their personal and professional surroundings.
When applying for the ISATEC programme you may combine your application with an application for a scholarship provided by the DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service).
ISATEC is member of the DAAD Scholarship Programme “Development-Related Postgraduate Courses” which offers scholarships to highly qualified students.
Applications (for ISATEC as well as for the DAAD scholarships) must be submitted via the Online Application Portal and contain all documents required by the DAAD.
Please use the “further documents” section to upload the DAAD form and other documents, not directly requested by the online application portal. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Applications must be submitted online, prior to the closing date and together with all necessary admission requirements. Please check the application info attachment below. Apply via the Online Application Portal of the University of Bremen and choose the subject "Marine Biology DAAD" after registration.
The DAAD-website explaining which documents have to be submitted for an application to a scholarship for an EPOS degree programme can be found here.
Deviating from the requirements of the DAAD:
- Letter of Motivation and Curriculum Vitae must be written in English, any additional documents can be provided in English or German.
- Applicants whose native language is not English or whose last study was not completely taught in English language must submit a proof of proficiency in English according to level C1 (List of all the tests that are accepted as proof of C1 competence in English). Please contact masterprotect me ?!uni-bremenprotect me ?!.de for further questions to English language certificates.
Please check that your application documents are complete before uploading them!
You will only be requested to submit paper documents if your application is successful.
In this case you will be informed to download
- a Confirmation of Enrollment
- together with a request to submit (either by surface mail or by hand) any further paper documents that may be necessary.
Copies of original certificates must be validated.
Certificates in other languages than German or English must be translated into German or English.
Original documents will not be accepted, please do not send any!