E-mail Client Setup
Telekom DSL: Blocking of Outgoing E-Mail
Telekom has been blocking the sending of e-mail via SMTP for some time now, especially for DSL connections with a Speedport router.
To activate the SMTP servers of the University of Bremen (here examplary for the model Speedport W724V)
- open the router configuration page: http://speedport.ip
- enter the device password (located on the back of the router, unless it has been changed)
- click on "Internet" in the top menu.
- click on "List of secure e-mail servers" in the left menu.
- add the following server names to the list:
Please also refer to the instructions for the Speedport W724V from page 86 onward.
If you have a different router model from Telekom for which this configuration does not work, please contact campusserverprotect me ?!uni-bremenprotect me ?!.de.