Colloquium for Prof. Dr. Jan Peleska
On the occasion of the Festschrift dedicated to Prof. Dr. Jan Peleska, a colloquium is organized to honor his contributions and achievements in applicable formal methods for safe industrial products. The event will take place on March 3rd, 2023 at the Cartesium building.
Please note the space is limited, so attendance is by registration only.
Date: March 3rd, 2023
Location: Rotunde, Cartesium, Enrique-Schmidt-Strasse 5, 28359 Bremen
A brief overview of the event:
- 12:30 pm Reception
- 1:15 pm Opening by Rolf Drechsler, Dean of the Department
- Laudatio by Anne Haxthausen, Technical University of Denmark
- Handover of Festschrift by Markus Roggenbach, University of Swansea
- Ana Cavalcanti, University of York
"Software Engineering for Robotics"
- Jim Woodcock, University of York
"Towards a Unifying Framework for Uncertainty in CPS"
- Coffee break
- Ernst-Rüdiger Olderog, University of Oldenburg
"Space and Time for Traffic Manoeuvres"
- Mohammad Mousavi, King's College London
"Testing Ethical Decision Making in Autonomous Systems"
- Short break
- Former PhD Students and Habilitands
Musical accompaniment by JJFK Quartet: Jan Peleska (g), Jan-Olaf Rodt(b), Friedemann Bartels (d), Kai Thomsen (p)
Dinner: 6:30 pm at Restaurant "Zum Platzhirsch", Kuhgrabenweg 30, 28359 Bremen
How to get from Bremen Airport to the Cartesium of the University of Bremen by Car: Airport to Cartesium by Car
Parking is available at the university for one euro per day.
By public transport:
Due to a strike by the "Verdi" trade union, there will be no buses and trains in Bremen available on Friday, March 3, 2023.
In addition, a demonstration of "Fridays for Future" in downtown Bremen, city centre, has been announced for Friday, March 3rd, 2023. A route of the demonstration can be found here: https://fridaysforfuture-bremen.de/03-03/. There may be increased traffic.
If you cannot reach the University of Bremen by car, on foot or by bike, we recommend taking a taxi. In some cases it may be advisable to book a taxi in advance to ensure availability.
Bremen Train Central Station -> Cartesium Rotunde (Enrique-Schmidt-Straße 5, 28359 Bremen): approx. 20€
Bremen Airport -> Cartesium Rotunde (Enrique-Schmidt-Straße 5, 28359 Bremen): approx. 40€
If you want to walk from Bremen Train Central Station, we recommend the following route: https://goo.gl/maps/SKweVJuspaZgW2sZ9
If you want to walk from Bremen Airport, we recommend this route: https://goo.gl/maps/gFExAomSKEesfsbZ7
To the restaurant:
The way from the Cartesium to the Restaurant 'Zum Platzhirsch': Cartesium to Platzhirsch
Regarding the University of Bremen:
- Traffic Information
- Ticket for Tram/Bus: oneway 2.85€, valid for 3 hours
- Tickets are availabel in Bus/Tram or in App
Regarding the "Cartesium" building:
- Address: Enrique-Schmidt-Strasse 5, 28359 Bremen
- Building Information
Regarding the restaurant "Zum Platzhirsch":
- Address: Kuhgrabenweg 30, 28359 Bremen
Here you can find the slides for the talks presented:
Anne Haxthausen, Technical University of Denmark
- "Software Engineering for Robotics",
Ana Cavalcanti, University of York
- "Towards a Unifying Framework for Uncertainty in CPS",
Jim Woodcock, University of York
- "Space and Time for Traffic Manoeuvres",
Ernst-Rüdiger Olderog, University of Oldenburg
- "Testing Ethical Decision Making in Autonomous Systems",
Mohammad Mousavi, King's College London