navigare - Career Coaching for International Women in Science 2023
starting in March 2023
What is navigare about?
The navigare coaching program addresses international women early-career researchers considering a career in science.
The main objective of the program is to support you in framing your own career objectives and helping you to prepare and position yourself for a career in academia.
In the course of the program, you will acquire central competencies for your career management in an international academic context. The science system itself and its gender-specific demands will play an important role.
Within an international and interdisciplinary group of participants, you will get the chance to learn with and from each other as well as:
- develop your own skills profile and shape your career more strategically
- reflect on (in)formal obstacles you might face in the academic system
- formulate your needs with regard to a healthy work life balance
- reflect on your individual capabilities and enhance your competencies
- learn about your understanding of leadership
- learn how to establish constructive communication and conflict resolution
- learn how to stimulate cooperation and cross cultural team work
Planning a scientific career in an international context
Dr. Lisa Spanka, program coordinator navigare
Phone: +49 421 218–60186
University of Bremen
Equal Opportunities Office
Administrative Unit 04 | navigare – career coaching
Universit.ts-Boulevard 11/13, GW2, A 4300
All on site workshops will be held in barrier free seminar rooms at the “House of Science”.
If you require childcare during the workshops, please contact Dr. Lisa Spanka, program coordinator.
The Equal Opportunities Office offers the navigare career coaching program as a joint initiative of the following institutions: